West Ham have made an offer to sign Paris Saint-Germain defender Thilo Kehrer.
The 25-year-old Germany international, who can play at right-back and centre-back, has been identified as a defensive target by the Hammers.
West Ham are awaiting a response from the Ligue 1 champions and have other options to pursue if an agreement cannot be reached.
Kehrer has one year left to run on his contract and his signing would be a welcome defensive addition to David Moyes’ squad in the midst of an injury crisis.
The Hammers had just one centre-back, Kurt Zouma, fit for Sunday’s Premier League defeat against Manchester City, with summer signing Nayef Aguerd and Craig Dawson out injured and Angelo Ogbonna yet to return to full fitness after a long-term knee injury.
Kehrer, capped 20 times by Germany, joined PSG from Schalke in 2018 and has won seven major honours, including three Ligue 1 titles, during his time at the Parc des Princes.
‘Kehrer would be a great signing’
European football expert Andy Brassell on Sky Sports News:
“He’s a player who absolutely wants to play games right now because he wants to be in that Germany XI for the World Cup, so he has to move.
“In most cases, PSG would find players on his kind of wages, even though he’s only got a year left on his contract, quite difficult to shift, but his will is to go.
“It was said a couple of weeks back that he seemed to have agreed terms with Sevilla. That has stalled a little bit despite the fact he’d have taken an enormous cut in wages to go out there.
“I think it would be great for West Ham. He’s a player that has looked decent at PSG without setting the world alight, but he’s outperformed a lot of expectations particularly in the last year-and-a-half when they’ve been really trying to get rid of him.
“He’s still showed up, been really professional, trained hard, been good at centre-back and right-back when he’s played, there’s just not the opportunity for him at PSG at the moment.”
Torino agree deal for Vlasic
Torino have agreed a deal with West Ham for the signing of forward Nikola Vlasic.
The deal is a loan with an option to buy for £15m including add-ons.
Vlasic is flying to Italy on Tuesday ahead of a medical tomorrow.
West Ham signed Vlasic on a five-year contract last summer for a fee worth £30m including add-ons.
Follow the summer transfer window with Sky Sports
Who will be on the move this summer when the transfer window closes at 11pm on September 1?
Keep up-to-date with all the latest transfer news and rumours in our dedicated Transfer Centre blog on Sky Sports’ digital platforms. You can also catch up with the ins, outs and analysis on Sky Sports News.
- 128 exclusively live Premier League matches.
- First pick of matches for every weekend of the Premier League season.
- The best punditry team in football including Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Jamie Redknapp, Graeme Souness, Micah Richards and Roy Keane.
- Kelly Cates and David Jones will present our live coverage across Friday Night Football, Saturday Night Football, Super Sunday and Monday Night Football.
- In-game goals and clips for mobile devices from Sky Sports live matches.
- Extended highlights On Demand and our Premier League channel.
- Sky Sports is your ultimate destination for domestic football with live coverage of the Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and the Women’s Super League.
- Find out more about Sky Sports